Spectrem® 2 Silicone Sealant
Single-Component, Neutral-Cure Silicone Sealant
Spectrem® 2 is a medium-modulus, single-component, high-performance, neutral-cure silicone sealant ideal for a variety of perimeter caulking and glazing applications, including 2-sided structural glazing.
Spectrem 2 may be used on substrates such as aluminum, glass, steel, painted metal, plastic, stone, concrete and brick.
Spectrem 2 is easy to apply with conventional caulking equipment.
Fill joint completely and tool.
At 75 °F (23.9 °C), 50% RH, a durable skin will typically form in less than 10 minutes.
Tremco recommends that air temperatures be 40 °F (5 °C) or above before applying any sealant.
ADVANTAGES AND BENEFITS
- Offering excellent adhesion to a variety of substrates including glass and metal, a single product can be used for a variety of applications on the same job from 2-sided structural glazing to perimeter caulking and joint filling.
- Resistance to driving rain, ozone, ultraviolet light and temperature extremes safeguards against water penetration with exceptional weatherability in all climate zones.
- Wide variety of colors to choose from with custom colors and color matching also available for a particular project.
- No mixing required, so product is always ready to use for immediate application with conventional caulking equipment.
- Greenguard Gold certification ensures safety for use in the most sensitive indoor environments including hospitals and schools.
Measures shown with an asterisk (*) have been converted as per your preference. These are not the official measures. To view the measures specified by the manufacturer, click here.
Spectrem 2 is suitable for both caulking and glazing applications, including cap beads, toe beads, heel beads and other typical air seals. It is particularly appropriate as a weather seal and tensile bead for two-sided structural glazing systems and is ideal for sealing joints within curtain/window wall systems.
Can be used on substrates such as aluminum, glass, steel, painted metal, plastic, stone, concrete and brick.
Can be used for two-sided structural glazing, perimeter and weather seals.
Can be used for cap, heel and toe beads.
Can be used on curtainwall or window joints.
Spectrem 2 is not recommended for use:
- Below ground level or on horizontal joints likely to be exposed to abrasion or physical damage.
- For continual immersion in water.
- In totally closed spaces, as the sealant needs air humidity to cure.
- On construction materials that exude oil, plastifiers or solvents: impregnated wood, oil caulking, and some vulcanized rubber joint gaskets.
- On substrates before being painted, as the paint skin does not follow sealant movement and can crack and peel as a result.